Early Intervention Behavioural Therapist
Amazing Kids is a growing early intervention provider, specialising in working with families of young children aged 7 and under who have challenges in communication, social skills and other developmental areas. Amazing Kids believes families, and other significant individuals in their child’s life are the most important resources for their child’s skill development. Amazing Kids delivers the Early Start Denver Model (ESDM) and Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) for children with autism and developmental delays.
Candidates will have ongoing opportunities to expand on prior knowledge and to gain experience implementing the Early Start Denver Model. Further development towards certification in the ESDM is provided to dedicated and committed candidates. Team members at Amazing Kids are offered supervision from BCBA’s and certified ESDM therapists. We are currently seeking candidates at our Williamstown clinic.
- Integrity – Providing families with evidence-based intervention based on contemporary research
- Excellence – Continued professional development and review the way services are implemented and operated
- Commitment – to each family we work alongside to provide the upmost care and intervention
- Accountability – for quality of services and understanding client expectations and visa versa
The Ideal Candidate Looks like:
- Previous experience in early childhood intervention
- Experience implementing and delivering the Early Start Denver Model
- Ability to deliver one on one intervention with young children with autism and other developmental delays (across various environments such as home, school, clinic and early learning centres)
- Sensitive to challenges faced by families, childcares and children
- Ability to take on feedback constructively and a commitment to ongoing improvement of the programs children are undertaking
- Committed to the progression of children’s programs
- Maintain positive relationships with families and team members
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders of the children and families we work with
- Taking on board individualised programs for children, and demonstrating a commitment to our core values
Your everyday looks like;
- Working one on one with children in a clinic/home/ELC environment delivering programs
- Data collection for each child’s goals
- Collaborating with staff members (inc. supervision)
- Collaboration with external practitioners including Allied Health members that our mutual to our clients
- Communicating with families on a daily basis
What can we offer you?
- Training in the Early Start Denver Model and ongoing professional development in the field of early intervention
- A rewarding career in transforming the lives of young children and their families
- Supervision by certified practitioners
- Support in certification in the Early Start Denver Model
- A warm and inclusive team of likeminded professionals in the field of early intervention
- Opportunity to work in a clinic, home, school and kindergarten environments
- Collaborate with educators, allied health practitioners, teachers and likeminded professionals within the community
- A competitive salary with flexible working schedules including; full time, part time, and casual agreements. Including occasional working from home options
- Salary packaging is available for full time staff members including vehicle allowances
- Bachelor’s Degree in special education, early childhood, youth work, speech pathology, occupational therapy; or be working towards or hold their BCBA/BCaBA registration
- 2+ years experience working in early intervention
- Flexibility in working within a clinical environment; as well as travelling to homes (within a 30minute radius of Williamstown)
- Current Victorian Working with Children (WWC)
- NDIS Worker Screening Clearance
- Current Police Check (National Police Certificate)
All team members at Amazing Kids have opportunity for growth and development within our company. Please apply with your cover letter and resume through seek. Alternatively, please email email@example.com for further information regarding the role.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Call Tina on 03 7064 5777 or
email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
to setup an interview…
We will arrange for you to come in and meet the team !